Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for enthusiastic, customer focused engineers to be part of our technical team based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is a highly technical role that will require you to be proficient in different technologies as you will be exposed to the full IT landscape and not just a subset of the technology.
You will be part of a mature 24/7 operation with deep technical skills in many different areas. As part of the team in KL, you will work closely with our colleagues in London in providing quality 24/7 support to our diverse range of clients.
You must be fluent in spoken and written English. Previous helpdesk experience would be desirable, ideally in an IT managed service environment.
Start Date: – ASAP
Office hours: Shift work required to cover a 24/7 operation via 12-hour shift patterns on a rotational basis. (Shift allowance provided)
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Role
The role will involve dealing with service tickets from a variety of sources at any time of the day. You will be in constant contact with our clients and the rest of the team both across KL and London. We have built a reputation in offering the highest levels of customer satisfaction so excellent communication and customer service skills are a must.
You will be exposed to all aspects of customer IT support and so you will be involved in wintel, cloud, networking, end user support and security related tickets daily. We pride ourselves with being at the forefront of change and as such this will be a constantly changing environment.
The successful applicant will have:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Deep technical knowledge and hands on experience in supporting Microsoft Desktop operating systems including Microsoft Office Suite remotely
- Experience of working with Microsoft cloud services and infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Working knowledge of Enterprise AV Solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent customer-facing and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Any experience with RMM tools such as N-Central, Kaseya or LabTech
- 3+ years’ hands on experience in a server admin role
- Understanding of Networking fundamentals and experience around UTM devices, routers and switches
- Hands on experience with Enterprise Backup Solutions
- Experience in patch management
- Security related experience
- Experience with server hardware
- Hands on experience with server virtualisation – Hyper V/VMware ideally in a clustered setup
- A proactive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Any Microsoft certifications (held or pending)
• Reports to KL Technical Manager
Why work at Doherty?
- Competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Hybrid working (mix of working from home / Kuala Lumpur office)
- Wide range of Company benefits
- Day off on your birthday
- Award winning technical team
- Study leave for exams and incentive pay out for successful completion
- Company funded exams and studying materials