Accounts Assistant (UK)
Our business is well established and profitable, operating in the IT sector. We have a vision to leverage the power of technology to help companies grow.
We are a Tier 1 Microsoft Gold Partner employing over 100 people, with offices in London and the Far East.
Many of our clients are in sectors such as financial services, the law, insurance, and mining. But we also have clients in the not for profit and creative sectors.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-date activities in the finance department. This role is integral to the close-knit, highly supportive and motivated finance team.
Payroll and benefits
- Prepare monthly payroll for processing by the outsourced payroll bureau (including collating information from managers and HR, processing overtime, bonus, commission and pension calculations and staff expenses. Liaise with the payroll bureau on queries and checking and ensure that the payroll is processed in a timely manner.
- Post the payroll into the accounting system, ensuring that it is reconciled on a monthly basis. Perform analysis as required.
- Administer employee benefits schemes – add and remove users and be the first point of contact for employee benefit queries
Sales ledger and credit control
- Setting up new clients on the accounting system and adding necessary information into the CRM
- Project invoicing and importing sales invoices into the accounting system
- Producing the weekly aged debtors report and leading the weekly credit control meeting with Sales and Operations
- Liaising with clients on credit control matters and ensuring client invoice queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Logging receipts into the accounting system and allocating payments, updating the cash book. Input into 13 week cash forecasting.
- Prospective client credit checks
- Cover for other sales ledger activities when required
- Cover for Purchase Ledger processes when required
- Adhering to the month-end timetable published by the Financial Controller
- Prepare and post prepayment journals
- Update the fixed asset register and post depreciation
- WIP calculation for professional services projects, working with the PMO to report on monthly revenue recognition
- Inputting of adjustment journals as required
- Reconcile the bank
- Reconcile allocated balance sheet accounts
- Petty cash reconciliation and posting as required
- Preparing information for the annual statutory audit as required
- Documenting processes and ensuring that they are kept up-to-date
- Working with the Financial Controller on ad-hoc projects, including preparing the budget and forecasts
- AAT qualified or equivalent
- Solid background in SME book keeping
- Good MS office skills especially Excel
- Diligent and precise – taking pride in the accuracy of your work
- Independent. Proud to own and drive their remit of work
- Articulate and professional, excellent communicator – orally and written
- Positive attitude
- Excellent time management
- Collaborative – develops relationships easily and works well cross functionally
Why work at Doherty
- Competitive salary plus performance related Incentive
- Hybrid working (mix of working from home / Richmond office)
- Wide range of Company benefits
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holidays (including bank holidays) plus more for length of service
- Day off on your birthday
- Referral scheme
- Reports to the Financial Controller