Doherty Associates (DA) has delivered IT solutions for the past 30 years to world-renowned, international clients. Our focus is on the professional and financial services sector, including leading private equity and venture capital firms and top 10 UK law firms.
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner with six gold competencies, a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP relationship and are ISO27001 & ISO9001 accredited.
Our clients rely on us to bring specialist expertise across cloud solutions, hybrid working, modern workplace, data and BI, cyber security, governance and compliance, and networking. We have built a reputation as a company that keeps its promises and delivers quality.
About the role
Reporting to the Cloud Services Lead Consultant, the M365 Consultant will focus on providing consultancy expertise (design, implementation, testing) and handover of projects to operations.
This role will suit already established professional (ideally with experience of working in an MSP environment) with a solid cloud consultancy experience and delivering solutions to various clients.
You will focus on delivering hybrid working and modern workplace projects and help us shape the technology roadmap for multiple clients across various industries.
You will be supported in your further development, and we will sponsor your professional certifications.
- Take ownership of projects, and work with PMs and colleagues through to delivery
- Adhere to team, and wider business processes and procedures
- Collaborate writing proposals and scopes of work
- Demonstrate the value of our services to Doherty clients - own the delivery of product demos and workshops
- Ensure that the handover to support processes are followed after projects are delivered
- Escalate issues to Cloud Services Lead Consultant and/or other relevant areas of the business to ensure timely and effective resolution
- Ensure timely completion of project timesheets for accurate project billing and reporting
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies - provide input into the team roadmap, procedures, and best-practice documentation
- Support the team in development of junior staff – lead by example, share knowledge and help to develop an inclusive working environment
- Achieved or studying towards Microsoft certifications (for example, MS-100, MS-101 or MS-500, MD-101, SC-400, SC-900)
- Experience of end-to-end solutions design and delivery of a variety of projects across M365
- In-depth knowledge and configuration experience across the M365 stack, with a focus on:
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure AD Identity (MFA, PIM, Entitlement Management)
- Azure Service Principal Lifecycle Management (Permissions, Credential Management)
- Conditional Access
- Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Information Security & Data Governance (MIP, DLP)
- Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Experience supporting legacy on-prem and hybrid infrastructure (AD/Exchange/DNS etc.)
- Understanding the concepts of adjacent technology specialisations, e.g networking, virtualisation
Nice to have
- PowerShell scripting
- Microsoft Graph API
- Power Platform (Apps, Automate, BI)
- Excellent verbal skills (experience of delivering professional client presentations)
- Client-facing experience (delivering product demos and workshops)
- Experience of writing documentation, including proposals, scopes of work, and supporting project design to a high standard
- Experience of managing various client and internal stakeholders (understanding business dependencies, deliverable timelines, etc)
- Professional demeanour
- Team player
- Keen eye for detail
- Analytical with ability to solve problems
- Consultative with gravitas
- Collaborative, cares about developing and nurturing an inclusive working environment
- Curious to learn
- Keen to share knowledge with colleagues
- Basic salary plus incentive scheme
- Training and development - sponsored industry training/certifications (incl. incentive for passing specific exams)
- Inclusive working environment
- Company benefits, such as: pension, Employee Assistance Programme (wellbeing, physical, financial), private medical insurance, income protection, etc....
- 30 days holidays (including 8 days of bank holidays) – earn more holidays with years of service
- Day off on your birthday