Project Delivery Manager
About the Role
As a Project Delivery Manager for one of our key enterprise scale customers with over 20k users globally, you will maintain a high level view of progress on projects. You’ll work with the two existing Technical Project Managers to ensure stakeholders within our customer are updated on any exceptions and blockers, deadlines and next actions are maintained, and progress is reported accurately. While our existing PMs will handle the day to day project management and assignment of work, you will act as the conduit for reporting (internally and externally). Our other Project Managers have a technical focus, you will have a more traditional Project Management responsibility.
Secondly you will be heavily involved in contract renewals, true ups, vendor renewals, and partnerships. You’ll have visibility of quoting, order processing, invoicing, and invoice collection performed by the admin team, and will be an escalation point for them. You’ll help facilitate a close relationship with the customer by building bonds with key contacts. You’ll have a can-do attitude and be comfortable working with technical stakeholders and third parties.
- Oversee project portfolio progress at a high level tracking forward plan with key dates
- Run weekly portfolio update calls with customer and Doherty stakeholders
- Update PMO commercial estimates weekly
- Track and report RAG status for each project, highlighting exceptions and Amber/Red status projects or blockers
- Coordinate renewal / variations of contracts, support true ups, and vendor relationships
- Track and manage the process of estimation and generation of quotes, subsequent approvals and the supply of purchase orders
- Help our team support to the relationship with this enterprise customer, achieving agreed outputs and adding value at every step
- Reports to CTO
- Complements existing Technical Project Managers
As a formally trained and experienced Project Manager you’ll have Prince 2 Foundation and Practitioner certifications. You might also have other Project Management certifications such as APM or PMP. You’ll have at least 5 years’ experience as a project or programme manager, and solid commercial experience in matters like invoicing and true ups.
You will work primarily in the Richmond, London office however you may be able to work remotely much of the time. This role may involve some international travel when it’s safe to do so. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor. Manual handling will not be a part of the role. Some flexibility with working hour
Why work at Doherty
- Competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Hybrid working (mix of working from home / Richmond office)
- Wide range of Company benefits
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holidays (including bank holidays) plus more for length of service
- Day off on your birthday