Doherty Associates (DA) has delivered IT solutions for the past 30 years to world-renowned, international clients. Our focus is on the professional and financial services sector, including leading private equity and venture capital firms and top 10 UK law firms.
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner with six gold competencies, a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP relationship and are ISO27001 & ISO9001 accredited.
Our clients rely on us to bring specialist expertise across cloud solutions, hybrid working, modern workplace, data and BI, cyber security, governance and compliance, and networking. We have built a reputation as a company that keeps its promises and delivers quality.
About the role
Reporting to the CFO (who is based in our London HQ), the Procurement Team Leader will be responsible for the efficient running of the Purchasing team (will have line management responsibility for Purchasing Specialists based in UK).
You will focus on procurement processes and managing the purchasing function. You will work closely with the Sales and Engineering Pre-sales teams (based in London) to ensure that the purchasing/procurement related support is delivered in timely manner.
You will also work closely with the wider Business Support team based in our Kuala Lumpur office.
This role will suit a professional who is able to build strong working relationships with various stakeholders in a multi-national business, has excellent collaboration skills and can effectively coach and guide others. You will be further supported and encouraged to develop your professional skills through the Company’s sponsored training and development programme.
This role will operate in a hybrid working model; 2 days at home and 3 days in the office, co-ordinating attendance with the rest of the team.
Procurement – Process
- Own the Procurement Standard Operating Procedures
- Work closely with others in the Business Support function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Actively suggest, map and assist in implementing improvements to our Procurement tools
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market vendors
- Own and develop the relationship with QuoteWerks/Quintadena partner (in conjunction with others in the wider team)
Procurement – Purchasing
- Lead on licensing knowledge (act as the expert in this area), keeping up to date with Microsoft Partner Centre and changes to licensing processes. Ensure that the Sales and Pre-sales team are aware of any changes and/or updates
- Develop expertise on all current and, as they are developed, future products
- Pro-actively communicate sales enquiry opportunities for standard and non-standard product sales to the Account Managers to follow up
- Ensure that the Sales team is aware of any stock availability issues in the supply chain in a timely manner
- Create purchase orders and follow the associated approval process
- Perform ad-hoc purchasing activities (e.g., annual leave cover)
- Receive products into stock on a timely basis
Procurement – Vendor Management
- Develop and manage vendor relationships - identifying key vendors that meet business requirements
- Drive vendor review meetings to raise any queries, complaints or compliments, ensuring that all stakeholders have been given the opportunity to provide input or attend the meeting
- Pro-actively engage with the Sales and Marketing team to ensure vendor objectives are aligned with business objectives
- Negotiate with vendors on payment terms, deal registrations, improved margins, etc.
- Manage the setup of vendor contracts, using the contract checklist. Perform security and quality review and legal support where needed (consult with the CFO on legal aspects, CISO on security aspects)
- Ensure price reductions/solutions bundles are pro-actively reviewed and fed back to the Sales team
- Pro-actively negotiate and track outstanding commissions/rebates
- Manage the new vendor onboarding process
- Review opportunities to propose and achieve business savings, utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Manage the supplier review process, tiering, risk rating etc (ISO process)
- Liaise with the CFO and other departments to ensure delivery priorities are maintained and revised against changing customer needs
- Work with the Sales team to ensure the delivery of quality customer service at all times
- Ensure all customers and potential customers are treated with professionalism, courtesy and respect at all times, in response to any enquiry or service they may be requesting
- Provide reliable, helpful support via phone and email for customers, suppliers and sales team
- Delivery of Business Support induction to new joiners and the existing business
Procurement – Reporting
- In conjunction with the Business Support Analyst develop a set of key metrics that measure the performance of vendors, and the procurement and business support functions
People leadership and management
- Be a visible team leader - model our core behaviours (set standards, promote healthy working habits) in a hybrid working environment:
- Foster a culture of a supportive, inclusive and collaborative environment
- Encourage personal learning and development
- Promote continuous feedback and recognition across the business
- Set standards and uphold processes governance
- Set meaningful OKRs aligned with your staff’s personal development vs. overall business objectives. Provide support and work together to ensure their delivery. Help set priorities, deadlines and parameters for specific goals
- Conduct regular 121s to ensure continuous feedback, wellbeing and development of professional connections
- Manage employee relations processes within your team. Collaborate with the HR Business Partner (based in the London HQ) to ensure that the correct employee processes (in relation to UK-based team members) are being followed and are consistent and fair
- Previous experience of working as a team lead in a Procurement / Purchasing function, (technology related i.e., hardware and software purchasing)
- Experience of building purchasing and sales administration processes and procedures
- Customer service support experience
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural business environment, collaborating with various business stakeholders
- Experience of vendor management
- Very good attention to detail
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Good spoken English, with an excellent telephone manner
- Effective communication skills (able to clearly convey information and provide constructive feedback)
- Strong problem-solving skills (able to collect and assess the information in order to come up with an effective solution)
About the person
- Accountability – sense of full responsibility for the team’s performance
- Adaptability - aim for a flexible approach that allows you to pivot as necessary. Able to overcome unexpected challenges rather than resisting them
- Empathy – listen to understand, support, and acknowledge challenges staff may be facing
- Focus – maintain the big picture view to help steer your team. Plan and structure your time
- Positivity – motivate your team to achieve goals, do their best and exceed expectations
- Exhibit positivity during difficult situations
- Stability - Take a steady, reliable approach in managing deliverables to keep the team and function on track. Establishing regular routines with team (setting standards on what to expect). Maintain energy and focus. Strive for constant progress
- Risk-taking – Navigate through risks and strive to make decisive judgments so that your team can readily accept and act upon your decisions
- Team player – Collaborate and be open to receive feedback. Understand that individual performance is critical to the success of the team
- Facilitator – Be patient, plan, guide and navigate through discussions, keeping the goal insight.
What we offer in return
- Basic salary plus incentive scheme
- Sponsored training and development
- Inclusive working environment
- 33 days holidays (including 8 days of bank holidays)
- Day off on your birthday
- Company sick pay
- Other company benefits, such as: pension, Employee Assistance Programme, private medical, income protection, and more!)