We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual to complement our experienced security team for the delivery of projects and security services for our diverse range of clients.
Reporting to the CISO, you will be responsible for the planning, execution, and handover of security related projects. Additionally, you will be a technical escalation for our managed security services such as incident response, user security awareness training and phishing simulation, vulnerability scanning and management, and fully managed XDR.
You will ideally have a minimum of 3 years’ experience dedicated to the security field on top of either a cloud, networking, or infrastructure technical background. You will be comfortable talking about cyber risk and strategy but be most at home when technically hands on with a broad range of security technologies.
Start Date: – ASAP
Standard office hours: (09:00 – 17:30)
Location: Flexible. Although, post Covid restrictions, visits to client sites and our offices in Richmond may be required on occasion.
About the Role
As a senior member of our growing security team, you will deliver consultancy and implementation of the various security products and solutions in our portfolio across our existing base of support customers and throughout the entire project lifecycle for new customers. Additionally, you will contribute towards the testing and adoption of new security related products and solutions, including R&D. You will be expected to be one of the final escalation consultants for critical security incidents covered by our incident response managed services.
You will help us continually assess supported customers, providing reporting and recommendations on an ongoing basis. You will work executing the strategy defined by our CISO, improving our customers’ security posture, and helping protect their businesses. You will understand that cyber security is more than a bunch of technologies and recognise the importance of process and training in addition to technical controls. The role is fast-paced and requires a diverse range of skills and attributes. Good communication, inter-personal skills and time management are essential. Experience using a CRM to deliver projects is highly desirable.
The successful applicant will have:
- Deep technical knowledge and broad hands-on experience working with security technologies, to serve as an SME to the business and customers
- Deep technical knowledge and experience with enterprise networking and infrastructure technologies
- Experience of working with and securing Microsoft cloud services and infrastructure
- Ability to deliver security projects end to end, from presales, solution design and proposal, to delivery and post implementation support, providing SME advice and support to customers throughout
- Experience of conducting security assessments, technical testing, and vulnerability analysis
- Experience in incident response, including EDR, SOC and SIEM, including overseeing development and tuning of security monitoring, alerting, and reporting
- Be confident in presenting to customers on security related topics and recommendations
- A passion for IT security and to stay up to date on the current threat landscape and cybersecurity events, continuous knowledge improvement in tools and best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent customer-facing and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the Microsoft security stack (Defender for Endpoint, Azure Sentinel, MCAS etc)
- 3+ years’ experience in a security focused role such as consultant, engineer, or analyst
- 8-10 years’ general IT experience in roles such as Network Engineering, Software Development, Infrastructure Administration
- A proactive, ‘can do’ attitude
- A full, clean, driving licence
- Reports to CISO
- Performs mentor role to Security Engineers and Incident Response team
The Security Consultant will hold certifications such as CEH, CISSP, CISM or equivalent. You may also have technical certifications from your cloud, networking, or infrastructure background.
Why work at Doherty?
- Competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Hybrid working (mix of working from home / Richmond office)
- Wide range of Company benefits
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holidays (including bank holidays) plus more for length of service
- Day off on your birthday
- Award winning technical team
- Study leave for exams and incentive pay out for successful completion
- Company funded exams and studying materials