Doherty Associates (DA) has delivered IT solutions for the past 30 years to world-renowned, international clients. Our focus is on the professional and financial services sector, including leading private equity and venture capital firms and top 10 UK law firms.
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner with six gold competencies, a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP relationship and are ISO27001 & ISO9001 accredited.
DA has been working with Office 365 since before it was Office 365 (or Microsoft 365). We have deep expertise in the platform, and engineers specialising in migrations, tenant setup and lockdown, SharePoint and Teams. Once our clients are in the cloud, we seek to unlock improvements to customers’ businesses using Microsoft technologies and our own custom solutions built on top of M365 and Azure.
About the Role
Reporting to the Cloud Services Lead Consultant, the Senior Developer will be responsible for driving the full project lifecycle. Working closely with the customers and other specialists within DA (e.g. Data and SharePoint Consultants) you will deliver end-to-end solutions and act as the main technical point of contact during the course of the project.
Typical projects might be: business process automation, using serverless workflow technologies and could be delivered using Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions and the Microsoft Power Platform or, data capture solutions based on Microsoft SharePoint Framework React components serverless functions to perform data extraction and ETL tasks or customer portal applications delivered using Azure App Services and a web framework talking to the Microsoft Graph.
This role offers progression to Consultancy role – you will be supported with further development through accredited industry training.
- Drive the delivery of the project through to the support transition phase
- Lead client facing workshops to capture customer requirements
- Plan and document technical specifications for features or system design
- Specify and deliver business process automation for clients
- Implement solutions which may include web services, client-side components, serverless functions, workflows & no code solutions based on Power Platform
- Assist presales with writing proposals to generate new opportunities
- Write testable, scalable and efficient code and lead code reviews. Produce supporting code documentation
- Ensure that support team is aware of technologies being delivered and how to support these, post-project delivery (e.g. run lunch and learns). Be the escalation point for immediate support enquires post-delivery
- Assist in training (including onboarding) of new and junior team members in the DA office. Lead by example by demonstrating and advising on software quality standards
Skills and experience
Must have (technical)
- Achieved or working toward one of the following Microsoft Certifications: AZ-204 & Microsoft Azure Developer Associate, MS-600 Microsoft Developer Associate
- Exposure to Database technologies, such as SQL, Oracle or Cosmos DB
- Understanding of Source Control technologies
Must have (professional/commercial)
- Manages Services Provider (MSP) or IT consultancy background with experience of working directly with customers to specify and design a solution, assisting with writing SOW, delivering presentations
- Knowledge of coding standards and best practices
- Very good spoken and written English
- Understanding of the SharePoint Framework
- Experience in Azure, ideally including Logic Apps, Functions, App Services
- Understanding of DevOps approaches, especially Github and Azure DevOps
- Experience or knowledge of the Microsoft Power Platform
- Experience working in an MSP, SI, or short-term contracting
- Experience working with SQL, React & CSS
- Professional demeanour
- Team player
- Keen eye for detail
- Analytical with ability to solve problems
- Consultative with gravitas
- Keen to share knowledge with colleagues
- Keen to learn (especially to deep dive into Microsoft development technologies across the board of M365, Power Platform and Azure)
- Collaborative, cares about developing and nurturing an inclusive working environment
- What we offer in return
- Basic salary + incentive scheme (10% of basic salary)
- Training and development - sponsored industry training/certifications (incl. incentive for passing specific exams)
- Multi-international and inclusive working environment
- 30 days holidays (including 8 days of bank holidays) – earn more holidays with years of service
- Day off on your birthday
- Company sick pay
- Company benefits, such as: pension, Employee Assistance Programme, private medical insurance, income protection, and more!