Service Desk Engineer (Tier 2)
As an experienced customer focused IT Support Engineer, you will be constantly curious and proactive in learning new technologies and growing your skills to help provide excellent remote 2nd Line Support to our customers on our Service Desk using via phone, email, and remote connection software to endpoints and servers. The location for this role is flexible and whilst some travel may be required to customer sites and to our main office in Richmond, remote working is also possible.
This is a technical role and you must be great at diagnosing and resolving problems with Microsoft Cloud, Server and Desktop operating systems and other networking components. You must be familiar with Office 365 and Azure. This role will expose you to the full IT landscape, not just a subset of the technology and so you will need to be adaptable and dynamic, being able to multitask and prioritise your work whilst delivering the best possible service to our customers. You will also be required to be constantly learning and improving your skills.
You will become part of a growing team, so you need to be a team player as well as be able to work alone when needed. You will be part of a company who are focused on delivering outstanding customer service and who are always willing go beyond the call for our customers. We look for our team members to be relentless and not let go of issues!
About Doherty Associates
Doherty Associates is one of the leading IT Cloud Services and Support companies for London and the South East. We have dedicated over 29 years to delivering an exceptional, award-winning service to small and medium enterprises. We work with all types of organisations, from small start-ups to established household brands. We support our clients all over the world, from London headquarters to gold mines worldwide, and even cruise ships in the Mediterranean.
Our highly qualified and experienced engineers pride themselves on their responsiveness and accountability in delivering the best customer care and outstanding service. We keep abreast of the newest IT software and technology to provide our customers with the latest, most efficient solutions, using these developments to help our customer’s businesses reach their potential.
Our Kuala Lumpur office currently delivers our 24/7 service desk, proactive monitoring, management of customer data backups, network operations centre and provides support to our Enterprise clients.
- Efficiently progress tickets within ConnectWise Manage
- Resolve 2nd-line Incident, Request, or Problem tickets as assigned
- Demonstrate and maintain excellent written communication and outstanding customer service skills, both over the phone and in person
- Keep detailed notes and time entries within tickets
- Resolve tickets within your technical ability and seek advice/escalation from colleagues within the Professional Services team or Microsoft/third-party support when required
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers and create tickets or route the call through to another engineer as required
- Follow pre-existing procedures and create new detailed procedures when required
- Review procedures created by 1st line engineers
- Keep documentation up to date when any changes are made to services
- Complete time and expense reporting requirements
- Be a point of escalation for first line Support Analysts
Technical Skills Required
- Experience working within a Managed Service Provider/MSP, or IT Support Company in a helpdesk/service desk or field engineer position
- Proven experience with Cloud technologies such as Office 365 Enterprise (E3, E5, EMS)/Azure IaaS
- Advanced Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating System troubleshooting experience
- Active Directory, Azure AD experience
- Hyper-V and/or VMWARE experience
- Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint & Teams knowledge
- Microsoft SCCM or Intune
- Microsoft Office including the full online product suite
- Any experience of RMM tools such as N-Central, Kaseya or Lab Tech would be desired
- Any Microsoft certifications (held or pending) would be desired
- Enterprise backup solutions (e.g. Azure Backup, Microsoft System Centre Data Protection Manager, Backup Exec, Veeam)MIM PAM, PIM, MFA, B2B, B2C
- Enterprise AV solutions (e.g. Bitdefender, Sophos, Trend, etc)
- Exposure to Cisco / Fortigate firewalls / HP managed switches advantageous
- Reports to Service Desk Manager
- Performs mentor role to new first-line Support Engineers
- Receives escalations from first-line Support Engineers
- Escalates to third line engineers
Support Consultants should have at least four years’ experience working on a service desk, preferably for an MSP. A computing/engineering degree or Advanced Microsoft Certification(s) are helpful, but not required.
The work location is flexible with the current COVID-19 pandemic but there will be an expectation for visits to be made to our offices in Richmond when required.
Standard hours: 09:00 – 17:30.
Why work at Doherty
- Competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Hybrid working (mix of working from home / Richmond office)
- Wide range of Company benefits
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holidays (including bank holidays) plus more for length of service
- Day off on your birthday
- Award winning technical team
- Study leave for exams and incentive
- Company funded technical training