Client ExecutiveAbout the Role
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Client Executive will look after a sub-set of our client base and work with them to build profitable, long-term relationships to help reach our business objectives.
• Selling the Doherty Associates portfolio of Professional Services and recurring (annuity) services into an existing client base.
• Nurturing and progressing opportunities by building relationships with key stakeholders both internally, and within the clients’ organisation.
• Using your technical skills to understand, translate, and propose solutions that match the client requirements with our offerings and expertise.
• Communicating clearly and concisely with all levels of your peers and client contacts alike.
• Producing well-written and compelling proposal documents and PowerPoint presentations that set out our understanding of the client's business, how our proposed solution meets their objectives as well as the commercial aspects (our value proposition).
• To overcome objections from the prospective client and work alongside them to close the opportunity.
We are looking for three years minimum experience selling technology solutions based on Microsoft Cloud and on-premises technologies to services businesses, preferably within a managed service provider with Gold level accreditations. Typically, these will be Microsoft Cloud, 365 and Azure solutions that extend and connect with on-premises infrastructure.
It is desirable that you have a sound understanding of selling Professional Services and fully managed services to clients ideally within our target sectors; private equity, venture capital and other firms within this ecosystem, excluding hedge funds.
You will have a keen interest in technology and how it helps and empowers business to achieve more and improve results while reducing risk and safeguarding information. Regularly follow the latest industry developments, technology trends and changes. This knowledge is useful during sales conversations with clients and prospects giving them the confidence that you are informed and up to date on our industry.
A service led mindset and experience within a Service Delivery environment may also be advantageous.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- A hunger for success and a laser-like focus on your target
- The ability to bounce back from disappointment
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- That you are articulate and professional and an effective oral and written communicator
- Strong proposal writing skills – and an ability to translate the technical jargon for a non-technical audience
- Excellent time management and able to manage competing priorities
- Attention to detail and a diligent and precise approach to your work
- Curiosity and the ability to listen
- The ability to empathise with prospective clients
- A collaborative approach when working with cross-functional teams within the business
- An understanding of sales principles and ability to deliver excellent customer experience
You will work primarily in the Richmond, London office, though home based currently during the Covid-19 pandemic. It is envisaged that the business will move to a hybrid working model in the longer term. You will also be expected to travel to client sites as and when required. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor. Manual handling will not be a part of the role.